Thrive Aesthetic & Anti-Aging CenterRating: 5
William G. - A Google User
I was referred to Dr. Maddox by a friend for testosterone therapy. Dr. Maddox exceeded my expectations. Every time I see him he takes the time to explain and address all my questions and concerns. His staff is super friendly and they make me feel like a person and not just another patient at a doctors office. Highly recommended.
Permanent relief from excessive sweating available in Portland
miraDry Informational VideoImagine never using deodorant or antiperspirants again?!
miraDry is a non-invasive painless procedure to destroy sweat and odor glands from your underarm, while also removing hair of all colors too. The one-time treatment is FDA-cleared and can be done in about an hour.
Nearly eight million Americans live with hyperhidrosis – excessive underarm sweating. This medical condition affects so much more than your favorite shirt. For many women and men in the Portland area, it inhibits social interaction and success in the workplace. Dr. Adam Maddox suggests a scientific, nonsurgical approach with permanent results – miraDry.
Top credentialsmiraDry is the latest technological advance in treatment of hyperhidrosis. Thrive was the first medical practice in Oregon to offer it, and remains the number one miraDry center in the state.
How miraDry worksTreatment noninvasively targets sweat and odor glands in underarms with microwave energy. Localized thermolysis heats and destroys sweat glands without harm to surrounding tissues. Ninety percent of miraDry patients see a reduction in perspiration of about 82 percent. Once glands are treated, they do not regenerate, so improvement is lasting. Your body has up to five million sweat glands, so necessary cooling functions continue. However, treatment does NOT increase sweat production in other areas.
What to expect
- Safety – miraDry is cleared by the FDA, and the Thrive team has extensive training and experience in the procedure.
- Convenience – This outpatient procedure generally takes less than two hours.
- Comfort – The underarm area is thoroughly numbed to ensure your wellbeing during and after treatment. Plus, the device has an automatic cooling feature to regulate skin temperature.
- No downtime – You may return to work or routine activities.
- Low risk of side effects – Some patients experience redness, swelling, tenderness, or tingling, but it resolves naturally.
- Usually once and done – Often only one treatment is necessary.
- Immediate results. Noticeable dryness occurs right away, and you may never need to use antiperspirant/deodorant again.
- Unexpected benefit – Underarm hair growth is significantly reduced.
Thrive Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center