Thrive Aesthetic & Anti-Aging CenterRating: 5
William G. - A Google User
I was referred to Dr. Maddox by a friend for testosterone therapy. Dr. Maddox exceeded my expectations. Every time I see him he takes the time to explain and address all my questions and concerns. His staff is super friendly and they make me feel like a person and not just another patient at a doctors office. Highly recommended.
"The Thrive Clinic and Dr. Maddox have been a part of my life for the last several years. From my first visit I found that I could talk about issues we all have but sometimes feel embarrassed about...especially as a guy. Thank you for listening to my concerns and addressing them." ~ S.W. 11/23/2012 ~
Testosterone Replacement TherapySimilar to women, men also experience a hormonal decline as they age. Testosterone levels usually peak between the ages of 18-25 and then it gradually declines at a rate of about one percent per year thereafter.
Known as andropause, the decline of testosterone levels can make daily life a struggle. However, unlike menopause, the symptoms of andropause are subtle. An increase in daytime fatigue and decreased sexual interest are usually the first signs that hormones are shifting. Other symptoms may include weight gain, fatigue, muscle loss, depression, memory loss, decreased drive, erectile dysfunction, decreased sex drive, and irritability.
What to ExpectOur medical director and age management expert, Dr. Adam Maddox, is highly experienced in treating andropause and hormone replacement therapy in men. He has been optimizing men’s hormone levels with testosterone replacement for nearly 15 years. During your visit at our Portland anti-aging center, Dr. Maddox will take a detailed medical history and analyze your current state of health. Upon the completion of required laboratory testing, Dr. Maddox will discuss your test results and design a treatment plan for your specific needs.
Your customized treatment plan may consist of the integration of testosterone replacement, thyroid support, DHEA replacement, nutrition, exercise, and nutritional supplements. With optimal levels of testosterone, the body becomes strong again by building lean muscle and supporting healthy heart and brain function. By optimizing testosterone, you may experience:
- Improved sexual function
- A decrease in body fat
- Stronger erections
- Improved mental and cognitive function
- Increased muscle strength
- Healthier outlook on life
- Decreased risk of heart disease
Treatment options to optimize testosterone levels“There are multiple treatment options available for testosterone replacement therapy including, topical creams and gels, skin patches, injections, pellet implants, as well as sublingual and oral forms. Over the years I have prescribed most of these and have found that the subcutaneous pellet implant is the best. With that said, I do not embrace a one size fits all approach. Instead I find what works best for that person and treat accordingly.”
Testosterone Pellet for MenAs symptoms of testosterone deficiency including fatigue, decreased muscle mass, increased body fat, and loss of sexual drive, develop in men, testosterone pellet therapy along with healthy nutrition and exercise can help reverse these negative effects.
Bio-identical testosterone pellet therapy is a natural alternative to synthetic testosterone that offers sustained daily testosterone levels for up to 3-6 months. Unlike testosterone injections, creams, gels, and patches, which usually cause a roller coaster effect of testosterone blood levels, testosterone pellets offer a steady dose.
How do I know if I am a candidate for testosterone pellet therapy?We start with a detailed health history. Symptoms can vary from anxiety to depression and from increase belly fat to decreased sexual function. We also test total and free testosterone blood levels along with other hormones including thyroid levels. Although your testosterone levels may be within normal lab reference range there are variables that need to be taken into consideration when evaluating a new testosterone pellet therapy candidate. This will be determined at your evaluation.
How long does the testosterone pellet procedure take?The administrations process for testosterone pellet therapy is simple and usually takes about 30mins. You can return to normal daily activity but we ask that you limit your exercise for a few days to allow the pellets to full set up.
How often will I need testosterone pellets?Usually testosterone pellets will need to be administered 3 times a year.
What are testosterone pellets made from?They are made from wild yams.
How are testosterone pellets administered?Through a small incision in the hip/buttocks are the pellets are placed just under the skin.
Is testosterone pellet therapy covered by insurance?Check with your insurance to see if you have coverage. We do not bill insurance so most benefits will likely be covered as out of network provider coverage.
If you live in the area of Portland, including Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Milwaukie, Clackamas, Oregon City, Tualatin, Wilsonville, Hillsboro, Sherwood and Vancouver, and want to feel your best as you age, Dr. Maddox has the knowledge and experience in testosterone replacement therapy to help you. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and take back control of your health.
- Experiencing Low Libido Portland - Women experiencing low libido can benefit from testosterone replacement in Portland
- Low-T and Androgen Replacement Therapy Portland - Low-T and androgen replacement therapy is something to consider for Portland area men suffering depression
- Safe Testosterone Replacement Treatment Portland - Find safe testosterone replacement treatment at Thrive in Portland
- Portland Mens Clinic - Portland men’s clinic offers testosterone replacement therapy
- Low Libido Treatment In Beaverton OR - Treatment for men in Beaverton, OR with low libido
- Symptoms of Low-T Tigard - Tigard area professional discusses the symptoms of low-T (testosterone)
- Low-T Portland - Portland area professional discusses testosterone replacement therapy options
- Low Libido Treatment In Portland OR - When Portland area patients are experiencing low libido, we provide effective treatment
- Loss Of Libido In Men Portland - Portland area professional offers treatments for loss of libido in men
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men Beaverton - Beaverton area doctor describes hormone replacement therapy for men
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy For Men Vancouver - Testosterone replacement therapy can improve quality of life for men in the Vancouver community
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy Lake Oswego - Benefits of testosterone replacement therapy for Lake Oswego area men
- Benefits Of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Portland - What are the benefits of Testosterone Replacement Therapy for Portland area patients?
- Testosterone Levels Portland - Portland area doctor describes the importance of maintaining testosterone levels
- Hormone Imbalance in Men Portland - What Portland area professional can provide for hormone imbalance in men?
- Age Management Beaverton - How a Beaverton age management practice can help men through andropause
- Age Management Specialist Portland - Why men might want to seek the assistance of a Portland area age management specialist for testosterone replacement therapy
- Treatments for Andropause Portland - Doctor in the Portland area explains testosterone replacement therapy treatments for andropause
- Testosterone Replacement Tigard OR - Tigard, OR area patients ask about the advantages of testosterone replacement therapy
- Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men Near Me in Vancouver - Specialist near me in Vancouver who provides hormone replacement therapy for men
- Testosterone Replacement Near Me In Vancouver WA - Where can I find a specialist who offers testosterone replacement treatments near me in the Vancouver, WA area?
- Male Hormone Replacement In Portland - Doctor in Portland describes male hormone replacement therapy
- Andropause Symptoms Portland - Portland area doctor describes the symptoms of andropause