Get to know the benefits and risks of laser skin rejuvenation in Portland
With age comes a number of unique skin concerns, which may affect us all in different ways. You may be troubled by horizontal lines on your forehead, or may feel as though time and gravity have caused unwanted changes to your entire face. Whatever your aesthetic concerns may be, the team at Thrive can help. Our anti-aging center in Portland is equipped with technologies such as laser skin rejuvenation, radiofrequency, and other services to help you age beautifully.
In recent years, these technologies have become recognized as potential alternatives to plastic surgery. To decide on treatment, it is important to know what to expect from laser and light-based therapies.
Benefits of laser skin rejuvenation
- Laser therapies work differently from plastic surgery, which alters the superficial tissues to create a younger appearance. These devices target cells that lie beneath the upper layers to promote collagen remodeling. Stronger strands of collagen support superficial tissues, smoothing lines and wrinkles around the eyes, nose, mouth, forehead, and other areas.
- Lasers are conservative and affordable. Without incisions and general anesthesia, the procedure has minimal risk. Without surgical fees, anesthesia, and a surgery center, the cost of laser treatments is lower.
- Comfort is a priority in laser treatment. Many devices have a built-in cooling mechanism that protects tissues and prevents uncomfortable sensations.
- Laser treatments produce both immediate and ongoing improvements. Sometimes, multiple treatments are required to promote adequate collagen rebuilding for the desired result.
- Most laser treatments do not require downtime for recovery. Side effects are typically limited to temporary mild redness and swelling.
- Skin may feel sensitive for a few days after treatment. Localized bruising may occur but will fade quickly.
- Individuals with skin cancer or herpes should discuss unique risks that may apply to their situation.
- Laser skin rejuvenation is not typically recommended for pregnant women.
We are proud to provide a high level of care to our patients that gives them choices in how they address their cosmetic concerns related to aging. To learn more about the lasers used at Thrive, call our Portland office at (503) 928-6505.Back to Skin Page