Benefits of sclerotherapy from trusted clinic in Portland
An estimated one in three adults have varicose veins, and many more have spider veins – a “roadmap” of red, brown, purple, and blue lines traversing their legs. For more than a decade, Thrive has been the sclerotherapy clinic in Portland that patients trust for effective treatment of spider and varicose veins.
Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment for spider and lesser varicose veins (up to 15 millimeters in diameter). A sclerosing agent is injected into a problematic vein. The solution triggers scarring inside the vein, causing the treated segment to dry up and shrink. Over time it is absorbed by the body. Meanwhile, blood continues to flow through healthy veins.
Benefits of sclerotherapy
- It is effective. Studies indicate that 50 to 80 percent of treated veins are eliminated.
- A sclerosing session generally takes less than an hour, depending on the number of veins treated.
- No anesthetic, incisions, or sutures are required.
- Sclerotherapy is performed on an out-patient basis; there is no hospital stay.
- There is little discomfort. The solution is injected with a fine needle. Some patients experience mild burning or cramping (more common when larger veins are treated), but it passes quickly.
- There is essentially no downtime. You may drive home from your appointment, and resume regular physical activities. Walking is encouraged.
- Restrictions are minimal. The Thrive team provides post-procedure instructions to ensure your comfort and optimal results, but limitation are few. Basically, take cooler baths and showers and avoid direct exposure to the sun for 48 hours.
- Allergic reaction or serious side effects are rare.
- Sclerotherapy is an affordable alternative to vascular surgery.
Dr. Adam Maddox is a Board-certified physician with background in naturopathic medicine. The Thrive team shares his deep commitment to bringing effective anti-aging solutions for hair, skin, and body, to patients in the Portland area. Call (503) 928-6505 to experience personal attention and excellence in rejuvenation.Back to Sclerotherapy Page