Which anti-wrinkle treatment is best for you?
Dr. Adam Maddox is often asked, “What is the best anti-wrinkle treatment?” Some practitioners push a particular product or service with a high margin. Dr. Maddox takes a different approach. He has invested in equipment and training to provide a broad range of effective anti-wrinkle solutions, for tailored treatment.
Two kinds of wrinkles
There is a common misperception that wrinkles develop from skin stretching. In truth, there are two basic types of wrinkles, with very different origins.
Dynamic wrinkles are the result of repeated muscle contractions. Each time you purse your lips, squint, or frown, underlying muscles pull skin into creases. Over time, lines become etched into skin and wrinkles form.
Static wrinkles are the result of lost substructure. A youthful face has fat deposits that create full, rounded features. Those deposits disappear with age, leaving hollows, and allowing skin to sag into folds. In addition, the body produces less collagen and elastin, fibrous proteins that keep skin thick and taut.
There is no one-size-fits-all best anti-wrinkle treatment at Thrive. Dr. Maddox considers the condition of your skin and the cause of your wrinkles. He looks at lifestyle factors such as time outdoors, exposure to environmental pollutants including cigarette smoke, and eating habits.
Then he develops a strategy to rejuvenate your complexion. It may include:
- Customized daily skin care regimen of professional grade products and sun protection.
- Neuromodulators such as Botox for softening dynamic wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers to replace lost volume, smoothing static wrinkles.
- Radiofrequency microneedling to tighten skin from the inside.
- Platelet rich plasma, using your body’s own growth factors to freshen the complexion.
- Microdermabrasion, and light and laser therapies for superficial wrinkles.
- Non-surgical facelift with NovaThreads.