Botox Cosmetic – the secret to younger-looking skin in Portland, OR
Crow’s feet, vertical lines between the eyebrows, and forehead furrows can be concerns for both men and women who are troubled about signs of aging. Fortunately, instead of undergoing invasive plastic surgery procedures, patients in the Portland, OR area can visit the Thrive Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Center. Here they learn about injectable services that reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. One popular option for many patients is Botox Cosmetic®.
How Botox neuromodulator works
Botox Cosmetic® is made of botulinum toxin type A, a purified protein which reduces muscle contractions. Repeated facial expressions – pursing the lips, frowning, squinting, wrinkling the nose – are the underlying cause of dynamic wrinkles. Muscles that create those expression pull skin into creases and folds. As skin ages and as a result of sun damage, it contains less collagen and elastin. Without that natural elasticity, skin can no longer recover from muscular activity, and lines become etched in.
The muscles in which Botox Cosmetic® is administered lose the ability to tighten as they once did. That, in turn, softens existing lines in these specific areas and impedes the development of new or deeper lines. Botox Cosmetic® is injected into areas such as around the eyes, between the eyebrows, and on the forehead to smooth lines and improve the overall texture of the skin. The technique can also improve “bunny lines” on the nose, lines that radiate from lips, and other dynamic wrinkles.
Do Portland, OR patients need Botox Cosmetic® or dermal fillers?
You may have heard of dermal fillers and are wondering if they can be a Botox alternative. Botox Cosmetic® works differently from dermal fillers such as Juvéderm and Radiesse. Botox Cosmetic® works by addressing the activity of underlying muscles. Dermal fillers are made of hyaluronic acid and are injected into static wrinkles – those caused by the sagging of lax skin. Dermal fillers add immediate volume directly to lines, wrinkles, and folds on the face.
Although Botox neuromodulator and dermal fillers serve different purposes, they can be used in combination for amazing results. Botox Cosmetic® is typically applied to the upper portion of the face, while fillers are used to address volume loss and resulting wrinkles that appear elsewhere, including marionette lines and nasolabial folds. This full “liquid facelift” approach provides patients with beautiful, amazing results without the risk or recovery time associated with cosmetic surgery.
What you can expect from Botox resultsDr. Adam Maddox Medical Director at Thrive is excited to offer Botox Cosmetic® and dermal fillers to assist patients in rejuvenating their appearance and fighting signs of aging.
Injections with the neuromodulator Botox:
- Are affordable – plus you can apply up to $50 from your Thrive Beauty Perks rewards program to each Botox injection session.
- Are safe and predictable. Botox was approved for cosmetic use in 2002, and in 2017 alone, 7.23 million procedures were performed in this county.
- Create results that look natural (not frozen), in the hands of an experienced injector.
- Can generate noticeable change within just a few days after treatment.
- Provide results that last several months. Patients are encouraged to visit Thrive for continued injections to maintain smooth skin.
- Enhance the outcome of minimally-invasive treatments such as laser and light therapies, chemical peels, and microdermabrasion.
- Help skin “bounce back” after plastic surgery.
At Thrive, you can expect to receive your Botox Cosmetic® and dermal filler treatments from Dr. Adam Maddox, personally. Dr. Maddox has more than 15 years of experience injecting Botox Cosmetic® and dermal fillers and Thrive has earned Allergan’s Platinum Partner distinction.
If you live in the Portland area, call (503) 928-6505 today to schedule a visit to Thrive. At this private consultation, you will have ample opportunity to express your skin-related concerns and learn about potential treatment options, to determine if Botox neuromodulator is right for you. We assist existing patients while also opening our practice to new patients interested in rejuvenating their skin and appearance with Botox Cosmetic® as well as other injectables.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Botox work?
What’s in Botox injections?
Is Botox safe?
How effective is Botox? Where can I get Botox?
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Bunny lines
- Crow’s feet
- Hooded eyebrows
- Tear troughs
- Lipstick lines
- Jawline and neck
Is Botox painful?
What preparation do I need to do before my treatment?
Is there anything I need to avoid afterwards?
- Rubbing or massaging the treatment area – this can cause the Botox to spread to other areas of your face where it can have unintended effects
- Vigorous physical activity
- Facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or other cosmetic treatments
- Consuming a large amount of alcohol
- Taking blood-thinning medications
How do I minimize bruising?
What results can I expect?
How long does Botox last?
- Your age
- How deep your wrinkles are
- The elasticity of your skin
- The area being treated
- Whether you exercise a lot
In some studies, higher zinc levels in the body have been linked to longer-lasting results, so taking a zinc supplement may help you prolong your Botox effects.
Because regular Botox treatments can result in slight atrophying of the muscles and “training” them not to move, patients who receive regular maintenance treatments can often go longer between injections over time while achieving the same wrinkle-reducing effects.