Throughout modern history, men and women have tried all sorts of gimmicks to avoid the extreme workouts necessary for shapely, toned bodies. Fortunately, non-invasive body shaping is now a reality with Emsculpt treatment from BTL, a leader in aesthetic medicine. This groundbreaking technology is available at Thrive Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center in Portland, OR.
Why aren’t we all buff?
Heredity plays a big role in body type, including muscle mass, and amount and distribution of fat. Subcutaneous fat (the layer just beneath the skin) stores calories. It also produces a sugar-controlling hormone called adiponectin, critical to energy levels and insulin management. When we build up a little too much subcutaneous fat, these traits cause a snowball effect, creating even more weight gain around the midsection, thighs, and hips. As energy level drops, we are less enthusiastic about activities that burn calories and build lean muscle.
At one time a person had to be strong and fit to survive. That is not usually necessary for modern men and women. Stress, however, is a big threat.
Emotional tension causes the body to produce excess cortisol, a hormone that causes blood sugar to drop, leaving you craving fatty and sweet foods. Hormonal fluctuations that occur with age can also affect body shape for both men and women.
Emsculpt body contouring aids in fat removal and stimulates increased muscles density, for a non-invasive butt lift, and a firm, flat abdomen.
The same medical principles apply to remodeling the backside with Emsculpt. HIFEM pulses induce supramaximal contractions of all gluteal muscles, well beyond what can be attained through squats. The combination of hypertrophy, hyperplasia, and fat disruption lifts and shapes the buttocks.
What to expect from BTL Emsculpt treatment
- This FDA-approved treatment is safe and beneficial for most people. Because Emsculpt is non-invasive, non-surgical, and drug-free, there are few counter-indications. Nearly anyone who wants a leaner, more toned body can be a good candidate, regardless of weight or body type.
- Emsculpt is convenient and customized. A session takes about 30 minutes and no pre-treatment preparation is required. The clinician works with you to determine the most appropriate treatment schedule to meet your body-shaping goals. Generally, that involves at least four sessions, performed every two to three days.
- You can feel it working, but treatment is not painful. Just relax and let technology do the work. You feel pulses of energy penetrating bodily tissues, and a muscle sensation similar to during a workout – without the sweat.
- There is no downtime or recovery period. You can schedule an Emsculpt session in the middle of the day and get right back to your busy schedule, without any post-procedure protocol. You won’t even need to shower before returning to work or other activities.
- Expect to feel like you had a terrific workout – because your muscles did! – for a day or two after treatment. Change begins to be noticeable within two to four weeks. With Emsculpt, improvement persists for several weeks after the last session, as deep muscle conversion and fat reduction continue.
- Because the transformation is built upon a foundation of strong muscle, results are long-lasting. However, to maintain your Emsculpt contours, schedule periodic re-treatment.
Emsculpt technology uses a proprietary system called HIFEM. The applicator delivers High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic energy to the targeted area. HIFEM energy goes right through the skin, without harming it. Treatment induces intense, rapid muscle contractions, deeper and more powerful than can be achieved voluntarily with sit-up, crunches, or any other exercise.
Muscle tissue responds to these strong contractions with internal remodeling. Supramaximal muscle contractions trigger hypertrophy or an increase in muscle volume, as well as hyperplasia – a boost in the quantity of healthy muscle fibers. Meanwhile, treatment dramatically enhances cell metabolism, breaking down fat in the treated area more efficiently.
All you do is lie back and relax while Emsculpt induces changes that tone and define the midsection.
Dr. Adam Maddox and his team at Thrive are dedicated to helping patients looks and feel their best. They have cared for more than 10,000 individuals and performed over 15,000 aesthetic and anti-aging procedures. Put your shape in their capable hands, with a BTL Emsculpt consultation –
Workouts not producing the desired results? Why not try Emsculpt for a firmer, more sculpted body?
I guess my main concern was just that I you know I do exercise a lot and I just I felt that even though with all the exercise that I was doing, I wasn’t, you know, accomplishing my main goal, mostly to maybe gain a little bit more firmness, you know, texture improvement. After using Emsculpt I definitely saw results. I was looking for an improvement over time it only gets better and keeps on improving. It targets exactly the specific areas that you’re looking for So, you know, it just feels like, almost like a massage, it kind of feels like a nice massage. There’s no pain, it doesn’t hurt at all. You’re laying on your stomach So, you can kind of take a nap and it’s nothing. For me, you know, as much as I work out, I still wasn’t seeing I guess what I really wanted to. So, you know I could do a million squats and it still wasn’t, it wasn’t, I wasn’t getting to where I wanted to be. So, this machine definitely kind of made me feel I was sore, you know, after every treatment I was definitely sore as if I had gone to the gym, as if I had worked out for an hour. So, I mean, you definitely feel it that it’s, it’s, working that there’s something going on there that you know you’re using those muscles it’s like immediately after you feel like you’ve done sit-ups you’ve done, you know, squats you’ve done a workout and it’s So, I definitely I would recommend it to any of my friends, this is a body by BTL
EMSCULPT is the only procedure to help both women and men sculpt the body by toning the underlying muscle. In addition, the EMSCULPT creates the world’s first non-invasive butt lift procedure.
miraDry is the latest technological advance in treatment of hyperhidrosis. Thrive was the first medical practice in Oregon to offer it, and remains the number one miraDry center in the state.
ASK FOR CONSULTATION
THRIVE AESTHETIC & ANTI-AGING CENTER
Dr. Adam Maddox (Medical Director)