Botox & Dermal Fillers
We are a preferred Allergan provider in the Portland area and specialists in skin rejuvenation and wrinkle reduction. Our team of physicians and surgeons has more than 10 years of expertise in dermal fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic.
As part of the Thrive promise, you will receive a thorough evaluation and care plan before you start treatment to ensure there will never be any surprises. We pride ourselves in advising realistic treatment plans with real expectations that you can trust. All procedures are safe and effective with little to no downtime.
At Thrive, we use Botox® Cosmetic to help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, frown lines, and creases on the neck and forehead.
This particular medication works by blocking the nerve impulses that come from the brain to help relax the face and muscles and soften the appearance of the skin. Patients from surrounding communities including Milwaukie and Clackamas find that Botox® Cosmetic can improve pronounced lines and wrinkles with Botox for several months.
BOTOX® Cosmetic can also be used to treat migraine headaches, and TMJ disorder as well as jaw clenching. This neuromodulator has also become a viable treatment for hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating in areas such as the underarms, hands, and feet.
Dr. Maddox has been administering Botox® Cosmetic since 2004 and is dedicated to providing natural looking, beautiful results!
“Very friendly professional service. They took the time to discuss what my objective was & create a treatment just for me. Definitely will go back!” – Michele 8/28/2012
As our bodies begin to age, they naturally reduce their production of hyaluronic acid versus our younger years. This decrease can result in volume loss and shrinkage of the skin which can cause fine lines and wrinkles. One of the most highly desired wrinkle fillers called Restylane® is readily available for patients in our practice. This gel helps restore hyaluronic acid to the skin to add fullness and volume while correcting moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles. This injectable is best used around the nasolabial folds around the lips and nose.
Juvederm is similar to Restylane® in that it is a hyaluronic acid gel filler for lines around the nose and mouth. Dr. Maddox typically uses Juvederm® for lip enhancement and augmentation, marionette lines, parentheses lines, and other moderate to severe folds and wrinkles on the face.
When lips lose their fullness over the course of time, they can be restored with a myriad of fillers and injectables available through Thrive. Dr. Maddox can use a premier treatment such as Juvederm®, Restylane®, or Botox® to improve fine lines, wrinkles, and fullness of the lips for better augmentation.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments
If you could imagine a fountain of youth residing right inside of you, you really wouldn’t be imagining at all.
The fact is, innovative science offers an amazing solution to acne, scars, and wrinkles that comes from the patient’s own blood, and Thrive is happy to provide this truly personalized service to our clients…. Read More
Portland area patients who consult with the team of our anti-aging center can work with a professional to develop a custom treatment plan to help in restoring youth and beauty to the face. Contact us here to set up an initial consultation.
“A real doctor does the injections here, best I have ever had anywhere. In one week my face looked wrinkle free and rested (for only a little over $200!) Staff is very friendly and helpful and have had procedures done themselves, so eager to share info and explain. Prices are comparable or less than I have seen elsewhere. I’ve found my new spa to pamper myself, will start laser hair removal soon”. – Julie 11/2/2012
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dermal fillers?
Are dermal fillers safe?
What are the different types of facial fillers?
- Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid-based filler and is great for moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles, especially around the lips, nose, and nasolabial folds
- Juvéderm® XC is another popular hyaluronic acid filler that is a good option for patients with wrinkles around the mouth or nose, such as parentheses lines, marionette lines, and other moderate to severe wrinkles; it is also used for lip enhancement and augmentation
- Radiesse® is a versatile filler made from calcium hydroxyapatite that can be used in several areas of the face, such as around the jaw and jowls and to reduce wrinkles such as marionette lines and nasolabial folds
- Juvéderm Voluma™ XC is a hyaluronic acid filler that instantly boosts lost volume in cheeks that have become flattened due to aging
Do fillers build collagen?
Are there any restrictions on what I can do after the injections?
What are the most common side effects of facial fillers?
- Redness or swelling at the injection sites
- Bruising, which is usually diminished with the use of a blunt needle
- Lumpiness – this is rare and can typically be smoothed out with massaging
- Infection at the injection site, though we take all precautions possible and use sterile needles to help avoid this issue
How long will it take to see results?
How long do fillers in the face last? Are they permanent?
- The location on your face – fillers in areas that you move a lot, such as around your lips, will fade sooner than less frequently used areas such as your cheeks or forehead
- How deep the wrinkles are
- The specific type of filler that was used