Step-by-step guide to Infini radiofrequency treatment in Portland, OR
Infini radiofrequency treatment is a versatile solution for women and men who want refined, younger-looking skin without the downtime of surgical or aggressive laser procedures. The Thrive team in Portland, OR is experienced in performing this minimally-invasive treatment, achieving excellent results. Do you have questions about this innovative technique? Keep reading for answers.
What is Infini?
Collagen is a fibrous protein found in many bodily tissues. Its purpose in skin is two-fold. First, it forms an underlying scaffold that keeps skin taut, elastic, and smooth. Second, it is essential to wound healing. Unfortunately, as we age our bodies produce less collagen, while UV exposure, pollution, and lifestyle habits simultaneously deplete existing stores.
Microneedling is sometimes called collagen induction therapy because it stimulates neocollagenesis – a demand for the body to create new collagen in targeted areas. Microneedling accomplishes that by creating microcolumns in skin at a precise penetration depth, using hair-fine needles. The body responds to these tiny controlled sub-dermal injuries with an influx of collagen that ultimately refines skin at the surface level.
Microneedling has been around for a while, but Infini brings a new dimension to its effectiveness with radiofrequency. Each insulated needle delivers radiofrequency energy at the tip only, heating deep skin layers for more effective neocollagenesis.
Preparing for your appointment
- Arnica montana is a supplement made from a plant in the sunflower family. This natural formulation has been used for centuries to alleviate pain and bruising. Following a thorough evaluation of your skin, health, and medical history, Dr. Maddox may recommend taking arnica montana for 10 to 14 days prior to Infini treatment, thus minimizing risk of side effects.
- Though Infini is safe for all skin tones and types, it is always advisable to avoid sun exposure or tanning for two weeks before a skin treatment appointment.
- Dr. Maddox may suggest that you temporarily quit taking anything that thins the blood, such as:
- Hydrate skin by drinking at least eight glasses of water a day the week before your visit and applying a high-quality moisturizer morning and evening.
- Suspend use of topical skin care products containing retinols, retin-A, glycolic acid, or alpha or beta hydroxyl acid four days in advance.
- If you are prone to fever blisters, take a dose of your antiviral medication the day before Infini treatment.
Certain prescription medications
. . . but only if stopping medication or supplements is approved by your physician.
On the day of your appointment, please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes early, with a clean face. Topical numbing cream, which needs about 20 minutes to take effect, is applied first. When you are settled comfortably, the clinician begins treatment.
The tip of the Infini mobile handpiece, containing a grid of microneedles, is applied to the treatment area three times. The first, is at a depth of about 2.5mm, then at 2mm, and finally at 1.5 mm. This three-pass technique with Infini’s proprietary ComfortFlow Technology avoids applying energy to the exact same point, while maximizing the benefits of radiofrequency heating.
Treatment is generally well-tolerated. It takes about 45 minutes for full face and another 15 for the neck. Then skin is gently cleansed. A pampering moisturizer is smoothed on, and ice packs may be applied if there are signs of swelling.
After Infini radiofrequency treatment at Thrive in Portland, OR
Let your skin recuperate the rest of the day. Then you may wash your face using a gentle, fragrance-free cleansing product, and no scrubbing, please. Sunscreen should be applied daily. You may begin wearing makeup the next day. Some patients experience slight redness, swelling, or bruising which usually resolves within a week.
You may notice some immediate skin tightening, and improvement continues as collagen builds over the course of weeks and months. Ideally, a series of treatments are scheduled at one-month intervals for optimal improvement. With good daily skin care and periodic re-treatment, results can be maintained long-term.
Infini isn’t just for lines and wrinkles. Treatment promotes overall skin rejuvenation, and it can dramatically improve the appearance of acne scarring and trauma scars.
Back to High Intensity Focused Radiofrequency Page