Turning back the clock with Juvéderm Facial Filler in Portland
They say that age is a state of mind. That may be quite true of how you feel on the inside, but it isn’t always reflected on the outside. Time and sun exposure take a highly visible toll on skin, but modern aesthetic medicine gives us the tools to fight back. If you are looking for a way to get rid of facial wrinkles, Juvéderm filler from our Portland practice may be an ideal solution.
How facial wrinkles develop
There are several types of wrinkles. Some are caused by factors such as skin laxity or muscle rigidity. However, the deep folds, hollow cheeks, and thin face that are the are synonymous with aging tend to come from loss of facial volume.
Everyone ages differently, but most people begin experiencing significant volume loss in their 30s. It happens for several reasons, including dehydration, reduced collagen production, and thinning of the fat layer beneath the skin. This can change the shape and contours of your face. Lips become thinner, cheeks sink, and bones become more prominent. With less supporting structure to cover, your skin becomes loose and starts to sag, much like clothing that is a size too large. Juvéderm is an excellent way to replace this volume and restore your youthful appearance.
How Juvéderm treats wrinkles
Juvéderm is a popular collection of dermal fillers, designed to replace what time has stolen. It is a smooth, clear, resilient gel that creates an uber-natural appearance, while lasting for many months or longer. Its primary ingredient is synthetic hyaluronic acid (HA), which is chemically identical to natural HA, which is present in human skin.
The body constantly creates HA, which binds with water molecules to keep skin hydrated and plump. Unfortunately, those molecules are metabolized as quickly as they are created. The HA in Juvéderm is much longer-lasting, due to a process called crosslinking. It stabilizes HA, resulting in a thicker substance, which is biocompatible, yet takes months to metabolize.
There are several Juvéderm formulas, designed to provide optimal treatment for various areas of the face. After an aesthetic analysis, your provider will select be best product or combination of products, based on the amount and location of volume to be added. Fillers are injected under the skin, adding fulness to the treatment area, thus reducing or eliminating wrinkles.
Juvéderm may be used for smile lines, hollow cheeks, thin lips, and more.
Book an Appointment
The benefits of Juvéderm
- One of the greatest benefits to this treatment is its minimally invasive nature. If you want to look younger without surgery, Juvéderm may be the solution that you’ve been seeking. The procedure is simply a few small, precisely delivered injections. It is especially comfortable, because Juvéderm XC formulas contain lidocaine. After treatment, you can go on about your business with no downtime and few, if any side effects.
- Juvéderm provides immediate volume, as soon as it is injected. However, the appearance of the treatment area will continue improving for about a week. That is because of temporary post-injection inflammation, which can obscure fine contours or make the area appear a bit overfilled. Don’t worry, it subsides quickly, as does bruising, tenderness, and other normal side effects.
- After Juvéderm injections, you won’t look like you’ve had “work” done or look unnatural. Dermal fillers aren’t meant to fundamentally alter your appearance. Instead, they help enhance your natural beauty. You will still look like you, only younger, with smoother, fuller, and better-defined features.
- You are in control of your appearance. Juvéderm is non-surgical and reversible, so you aren’t committing to any permanent changes. Yet, it is also long-lasting. For most patients, results can last up to a year, and they can be continued with periodic maintenance treatments.
- Correct signs of aging and more. Juvéderm has earned a reputation for excellence in wrinkle treatment, however it has other uses as well. These fillers can augment lips to create that perfect pout, correct asymmetry of the nose, rejuvenate aging hands, smooth out depressed scars, and much more.
Are you ready to turn back the hands of time, and love the face that you see in the mirror? Give us a call today at (503) 928-6505 and schedule a consultation to find out it Juvéderm filler treatment is right for you.