miraDry® for Excessive Sweating
Dr. Maddox and his team are amazing! They are always very professional and friendly. I’ve been a patient at Thrive for several years now and I’m always happy with my experiences in their office, and with the results! I get botox and filler in my face/lips and it looks natural, and has made me feel more confident. Dr. Maddox is very detailed oriented and is focused on making the patient happy which is why I keep going back. I 10/10 recommend Thrive!
Permanent relief from excessive sweating available in Portland
Nearly eight million Americans live with hyperhidrosis – excessive underarm sweating.
This condition affects much more than your favorite shirt. For many women and men in the Portland area, it inhibits social interaction and success in the workplace due to sweaty armpits and underarm odor that cannot be controlled with traditional deodorants or antiperspirants. Dr. Adam Maddox suggests a scientific, nonsurgical approach with permanent results – miraDry treatment in Portland, Oregon.
miraDry, FDA approved hyperhidrosis treatment
How miraDry works
Treatment noninvasively targets sweat and odor glands in underarms with microwave energy. Localized thermolysis heats and destroys sweat glands without harm to surrounding tissues. Ninety percent of miraDry patients see a reduction in perspiration of about 82 percent. Once glands are treated, they do not regenerate, so improvement is lasting. Your body has up to five million sweat glands, so necessary cooling functions continue. However, treatment does NOT increase sweat production in other areas.
Tried Miradry on My Armpits and Its Working - Highly satisfied patient
How miraDry Sweat and odor glands Treatments Works
What to expect
- Safety – miraDry is cleared by the FDA, and the Thrive team has extensive training and experience in the procedure.
- Comfort – The underarm area is thoroughly numbed to ensure your wellbeing during and after treatment. Plus, the device has an automatic cooling feature to regulate skin temperature.
- Convenience – This outpatient procedure generally takes less than two hours.
- No downtime – You may return to work or routine activities.
- Minimal risk of side effects – Some patients experience redness, swelling, tenderness, or tingling, but it resolves naturally.
- Unexpected benefit – Underarm hair growth is significantly reduced.
- Immediate results – Noticeable dryness occurs right away, and you may never need to use antiperspirant or deodorant again.
- Usually once and done – Often only one treatment is necessary.
Top credentialsmiraDry is the latest technological advance in treatment of hyperhidrosis. Thrive was the first medical practice in Oregon to offer it, and remains the number one miraDry center in the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is miraDry?
Who is an ideal candidate for miraDry?
Does miraDry hurt?
How long do the results of miraDry last?
Can miraDry reduce underarm hair?
Does miraDry stop hair growth?
Can miraDry® help with odor?
Are there other options for underarm sweat or odor?
- Prescription-strength anti-perspirants can provide better results than over-the-counter products
- Botox injections can be used to block the nerves in the underarms that are contributing to sweating
- Certain oral medications can also be used to block these nerves
- Antidepressant medications are sometimes prescribed to decrease sweating and sweat-producing anxiety
How much does it cost to get miraDry?
What should I do after miraDry?
You can start using deodorant or anti-perspirant two to three days after your treatment, but we recommend that you avoid shaving until any tenderness from the procedure subsides.
Hot publicity for cool anti-sweat treatment
The miraDry treatment, which is a popular and effective solution for excessive sweating and body odor, is expected to become even more popular in the future due to the massive positive publicity it has received over several media channels in the past weeks. The media outlets which highlighted miraDry are not just any run-of-the-mill media either: They include highly reputed and respected sources such as Harper’s Bazaar and Yahoo.com.
miraDry has been cited by both sources as, one of the top beauty treatments a bride should use before her wedding day to boost to her appearance. It is given prominence as a non-invasive procedure and it is part of an ultra-luxe beauty prep guide recommended for any bride-to-be. The exact time to seek the treatment to prepare for her big day, is also explained in the articles.
Read the articles at:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/fashion/weddings/how-to-sweat-proof-your-wedding-day-and-stay-dry.html for more information related to miraDry.
Thrive in Portland, under Dr. Adam Maddox, the first medical practice in Oregon to offer miraDry. A single, one-hour session will zap the underarm sweat glands and any resultant body odor. Ninety percent of patients who were treated experienced a reduction in perspiration by about 82 percent.