Non-surgical PRP regeneration gains popularity in Portland
Dr. Adam Maddox is a leading, Board-certified physician in the field of integrative rejuvenation techniques. He has found that most patients who take anti-aging seriously beginning in their 30s or 40s don’t need to go under the knife. He designs customized non-surgical rejuvenation programs to help them avoid facelift surgery indefinitely. A recent game-changer in this field is PRP regeneration. This treatment is in high demand at Thrive in Portland.
A basic understanding of PRP
PRP is an acronym for platelet rich plasma. Platelets are a component of blood that contain growth factors, which stimulate tissue renewal through collagen synthesis and cell growth. Your body utilizes platelets for natural healing.
For PRP regeneration, a small amount of blood is drawn, and spun to separate platelets from other elements in the sample. This concentration is then injected into areas where rejuvenation is desired.
The popularity of PRP
Here are a few of the reasons women and men in the Portland area are choosing PRP regeneration at Thrive:
- Treatment is brief – An injection session takes less than an hour.
- Little discomfort – Numbing cream is applied, and the clinician uses a very fine needle.
- Minimal risk of complications – Because PRP is derived from your own body, and the internal regeneration process is completely natural, there is no risk of allergic reaction or rejection. The doctor will talk with you about potential side effects, which are typically minimal.
- Works synergistically in a combination approach – Dermal fillers such as Juvéderm, Voluma and Radiesse, create a scaffold for new tissue growth stimulated by PRP. The benefits of Botox, microdermabrasion, and laser and light therapies are maximized with PRP.
- Gradual results – PRP effectively reduces fine lines and wrinkles, provides lift, restores volume, and noticeably improves skin tone and texture. Change occurs gradually as growth factors from PRP stimulate rejuvenation for naturally-refreshed results.
Thrive welcomes new patients. Call (503) 928-6505 to schedule an initial consultation.