Portland, OR patients ask, “What is Volbella and how long does it last?”
Patients in the Portland, OR area seeking long-lasting lip rejuvenation turn to Dr. Maddox and his team at Thrive. We offer a wide range of anti-aging and cosmetic enhancement options, including Volbella XC. It is the newest dermal filler in the Juvéderm line, continuing a long tradition of excellent anti-aging products from Allergan. In 2016 the FDA approved Volbella for use in the lip area, with results lasting up to a year.
The fine art of lip rejuvenation
With age comes changes in skin, including the loss of volume. This is especially noticeable in the lip area. Not only do the lips become thinner, but also fine lines and creases develop. Due to the fine contours in this area, the choice of dermal fillers is very important. Thicker formulas can cause lumps or an over-filled appearance.
The Juvéderm line of products includes two fillers that are uniquely suited to lip injections. Depending on your needs and your desired treatment outcome, we may use one or both fillers.
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is used for plumping lips, increasing fullness. It is a good option for people who want plumper lips, and those who have experienced lip thinning with age.
- Juvéderm Volbella XC is the perfect complement to Ultra. It is a thin, extremely smooth consistency, which is ideal for smoothing away lines and adding subtle contours.
What to expect with the Volbella procedure and results
Dermal fillers such as Volbella are often called “lunchtime treatments” because the procedure is so fast and convenient that many patients schedule it during a midday break and return to work immediately afterwards.
- Treatment – The process usually takes about 30 minutes, beginning with cleaning and preparing skin in the treatment area. A small amount of filler is then injected in strategically chosen locations. Volbella is injected with a very fine needle, and the formula contains lidocaine for comfort.
- Side effects – Volbella has few, if any, side effects. You may experience mild bruising, swelling, or soreness immediately following treatment. If these things occur, they should fade within a few days.
- Results – You will see immediate improvement in fullness. However, swelling may affect the initial appearance of your lips. Within two weeks all swelling should be gone and the filler should be settled in place, revealing the final result.
Is Volbella right for you?
This product is FDA approved for adults over the age of 21. While it is safe for most people, you will need to tell your provider about any allergies you may have. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in skin, minimizing the risk of an allergic reaction. However, it is not recommended for people who are allergic to lidocaine, or those who are allergic to certain types of proteins contained in the formula. Most adults who desire fuller, more youthful lips are excellent candidates for Volbella.
The benefits of Volbella treatment
Considering the wide array of dermal fillers on the market, you may be wondering what is so special about Volbella. It is one of a select few formulas that were developed with lips and delicate perio-oral tissues in mind. It may be used for:
- Increasing lip volume
- Plumping up thin lips
- Smoothing away smoker’s lines
- Correcting asymmetry of the lips
- Accentuating the cupid’s bow
- Improving overall shape of lips
Longevity of results
Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler formulated with exclusive VYCROSS technology, which facilitates molecular cross-linking. This results in an ultra-smooth formula with maximum efficacy at reduced concentrations of hyaluronic acid. The smooth texture of Volbella gel makes injections more comfortable, and aesthetic results more natural-looking.
One of the most popular benefits of Volbella is the longevity of results. It has been clinically proven to last for at least 12 months in most patients, when injected by a trained professional. That means you can plump your lips now, and not worry about it again for an entire year.
Take the first step
You deserve to enjoy overall wellness, which includes feeling good about your appearance. It’s time to anti-age beautifully. It’s time to live every day to the fullest, smile every time you look in the mirror. It’s time to Thrive. Call (503) 928-6505 and schedule an appointment today.