10 things you need to know about Voluma treatment in Portland
Because the variety of anti-aging soft tissue fillers has increased substantially over the years, it may be difficult to determine which product would be most appropriate to achieve your desired results. The staff at Thrive uses a number of different fillers, such as Juvéderm VolumaTM XC when we treat patients from Portland and the surrounding areas. This filler has been formulated for the concerns that affect the cheeks and cheekbone areas, and offers a number of advantages.
- VolumaTM is a hyaluronic acid soft tissue filler. Because hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring, there is minimal risk of reaction to this product.
- The results from treatment are seen immediately.
- The skillful use of VolumaTM into the cheek area has a subsequent “lifting” effect along the jaw line, reducing the appearance of jowls.
- The safety of VolumaTM makes it suitable for use with other products such as Botox or different filler formulations. In conjunction, various injectables can significantly improve the facial esthetic.
- The results of just one VolumaTM treatment can last up to two years. This is because a subsequent effect of the product occurs in collagen-producing cells. As collagen is rebuilt, the results of treatment are enhanced.
- Because VolumaTM is injected into deeper layers of tissue, the technique bypasses blood vessels and nerves, which can improve the level of comfort during treatment.
- The softness and malleability of VolumaTM enables a skilled injector to shape and sculpt the contours of the cheeks for natural beauty.
- The results of VolumaTM may be reversed with a counteracting solution.
- Due to the viscosity of the solution, VolumaTM feels completely natural once it settles beneath the skin.
- The average number of syringes needed to achieve the desired result is 2. However, as many as 6 may be used depending on the extent of contouring needed.
- Side effects of treatment are typically limited to mild swelling, redness, and bruising that last a few days at most. Many patients do not experience any of these side effects.
Our focus at Thrive is to help you age beautifully. To learn more about the benefits of injectable treatments, call (503) 928-6505.