Aesthetic experts in Portland explain what Emsculpt can do for you and your body
It can be frustrating to spend hours in the gym and carefully watch what you eat, only to achieve sub-par results that are not noticeable to others. If you are tired of doing endless cardio and weight repetitions without achieving the strong and toned body you are seeking, then Emsculpt may be a great choice for you! Below, Dr. Adam Maddox, aesthetic and anti-aging expert from Thrive in Portland, OR, explains what Emsculpt is and what it can do for you.
What is Emsculpt?
Emscupt is a groundbreaking, non-invasive laser treatment from the aesthetic technology company BTL. It shapes and tones the body safely and effectively by stimulating the muscles in the targeted treatment area with approximately 20,000 contractions in one 30-minute session. That is the equivalent of doing 20,000 sit-ups when treating the abdominal area, or 20,000 squats when treating the buttocks!
How it works
The Emsculpt device uses high intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM®) technology to induce strong muscle contractions in the targeted areas. These contractions are more powerful than voluntary contractions you can do in the gym, which means they achieve better results, faster. Your muscles are forced to adapt to the contractions, which they achieve by remodeling their inner structure. The end result is increased muscle mass and less fat. In fact, according to the manufacturers of Emsculpt, it leads to a 16% increase in muscle mass and reduces stubborn fat in the process as well.
Get the sculpted appearance you have been seeking
If you have been contemplating getting a butt lift or a tummy tuck but do not want to undergo invasive surgery, then Emsculpt can be just what you are looking for. While you relax comfortably, the Emsculpt device is strapped on to the treatment area, and then you can read a book, catch up on email, or simply relax for your 30-minute treatment session. Afterwards:
- Tangible results are felt immediately after the treatment – it feels similar to a good workout at the gym
- We recommend a series of four sessions (twice per week for two weeks) for optimal results; just like you need to regularly exercise, repeated exposure to the contractions improves the treatment’s effectiveness
- Two to four weeks after the last treatment session, your results will be noticeable and will continue to improve over time
- No recovery time is needed after any of your treatments, and there are no side effects
If you maintain your weight and continue a maintenance exercise routine, the fat loss you achieve with Emsculpt can be permanent. Your exercise routine and a healthy lifestyle can also maintain the muscle tone you gain from the treatment.
Take your athletic performance to the next level
In addition to the cosmetic benefits of Emsculpt, it can also positively affect your performance in sports or at the gym. If you feel like you have reached a plateau in your athletic efforts, Emsculpt can help take you to the next level. By boosting your muscle volume, it increases your strength and stamina, giving you the extra boost, you may need. In addition, losing body fat can help streamline your body’s mechanics and reduce the load you have to carry while you are running or playing sports, leading to better running speeds and more agility. Men and women alike can benefit from these gains!
Other Emsculpt benefits
Emsculpt has several other benefits. For women who have diastasis recti after giving birth, Emsculpt can reduce the abdominal separation by up to 10%. This can lead to reduced back pain, a smaller waist size, and improved self-confidence.
When you lose fat and gain muscle, your body adapts in a number of healthy ways:
- It is easier to maintain your weight because larger muscles use more calories throughout the day, even when you are at rest
- Your insulin sensitivity can increase as the muscles more easily take glucose from the bloodstream
- Your immunity can improve
- You may feel less stressed, as muscle activation diminishes the stress chemicals circulating in the blood
Schedule a consultation today
At Thrive Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Center in Portland, OR, we love seeing the confidence boost and performance gains that Emsculpt gives our patients! To learn more about this exciting treatment that can help sculpt the body you have always wanted, call us today at (503) 928-6505.
Back to BTL Emsculpt Page