How to find the best skin treatments in Portland
Your skin is an amazing organ. It protects and cushions, regulates body temperature, and acts as a warning system to prevent injury. It is made up of about 1.6 trillion cells that are constantly regenerating – you shed 30,000 to 40,000 cells every hour. Yet, in essence, you only get one covering of skin. It’s vital to care for it properly to keep it looking terrific at every stage of life. Dr. Adam Maddox and the Thrive team help residents of the Portland area do exactly that with the best skin treatments available.
Are you overwhelmed with the number of salons, spas, kiosks, and doctors offering skin treatments? Here is a step-by-step guide to help you find the right provider for safe, aesthetic skin care.
- Make a list – Start with an internet search of aesthetic, anti-aging skin treatment providers in your area. Jot down about five that interest you.
- Dig deeper – Look at each provider’s website to learn a little more about the operation. Are treatments overseen by a medical doctor? Are before and after photos and patient testimonials provided?
- Dig even deeper – Visit several independent customer review sites to hear what patients are saying about the provider and the results of their skin treatments.
- Ask for references – If you are comfortable confiding in family members, friends, or co-workers, ask around. What practices have they visited? Were they happy with outcomes?
- Schedule a consultation – No matter how impressive the doctor’s credentials are or how striking the practice website looks, it’s important to have a face-to-face meeting. You are entrusting these people with your skin, your health, and your appearance. Are you comfortable talking with the doctor and staff about your lifestyle, budget, and time constraints? Do they take time to explain procedures and answer your questions?
- Learn about treatment options – Don’t be afraid to ask plenty of questions about the practice and their procedures. Do they use FDA approved devices, techniques, and products? Do they offer a full range of skin treatments to reduce wrinkles (neuromodulators and dermal fillers), refine skin tone (chemical peels, and light and laser therapies), control acne, and address scarring?
- Balance – Does the practice offer a blend of technical training, clinical experience, and artistry? Is care discreet and compassionate?
Once you’ve considered these points, we are confident that you’ll want to become a Thrive patient. We provide a full range of skin care, including SkinMedica. This medical grade line of pure formulations is backed by two decades of scientific and clinical testing.
Give us a call at (503) 928-6505. The Thrive team is ready to design a program of skin treatments that’s customized just for you.