Juvéderm is a dermal filler that can add volume directly to lines and wrinkles of the face. Wrinkles on the upper portion of the face respond best to Botox Cosmetic® injections, but those on the lower face can be improved with the use of Juvéderm® XC. This injectable is made with hyaluronic acid, which makes a smooth gel for injection. Dr. Maddox administers injections underneath the upper layers of the skin to restore skin volume in areas such as the nasolabial folds and smile lines.
There is typically no downtime associated with Juvéderm® XC injections, but some mild after effects can occur. These may include swelling, redness, and discomfort at the injection site. Mild bruising may also occur, but it can be covered with cosmetics until it clears.
- Provides immediate results that last up to 12 months
- Does not require allergy testing
- Naturally dissolves into the body over time
- Safe, FDA-approved
- Effective on mild to moderate lines, wrinkles, and folds
- Does not require surgery
- Can be used on patients of all ethnicities
- Provides patients with a way to slow the signs of aging and maintain a youthful appearance
Dr. Maddox of Thrive provides Juvéderm® XC along with many other injectables including Restylane®, Belotero®, and Voluma® XC. If you live in Portland, Oregon, contact our practice today to schedule a consultation visit and thorough examination to determine candidacy for these amazing injectables.