Why miraDry is getting rave reviews in Portland, OR as a cost-effective treatment with many benefits
Embarrassing odors, uncomfortable wetness, and sweat stains on your favorite clothing – these are the problems that antiperspirant is supposed to solve. In fact, drugstore shelves are lined with dozens of products promising to do just that. If you feel like you’ve tried every one of them to no avail, you are not alone. Excess sweating (hyperhidrosis) is a common medical condition, and it is treatable thanks to an innovative new procedure known as miraDry. With an affordable cost and reliable results, this treatment is getting rave reviews from our Portland, OR patients.
Understanding excess sweat, and how it can be stopped
Although the armpits contain only about two percent of the sweat glands in your body, they are especially problematic for a couple of reasons. First, underarm sweat creates highly visible stains, especially if the glands are overactive. Secondly, sweat glands are not all the same. Most areas of the body have eccrine glands, which excrete odorless liquid. The underarms also have apocrine glands, which are responsible for the embarrassing smell of sweaty armpits.
miraDry is a breakthrough technology, which uses proprietary miraWave energy to target these problematic glands, reducing both smell and perspiration. Because Thrive was the first aesthetic practice in Portland to offer this procedure, our clinicians have extensive experience and knowledge of this technology.
The procedure is noninvasive, and usually completed in less than an hour. We begin by cleaning, preparing, and numbing the treatment area. Next, the clinician will use a small handheld device to apply miraWave energy, which targets odorous sweat glands. Advanced cooling technology prevents damage to surrounding tissues. Patients typically experience a noticeable improvement right away, with full results developing within about two months.
The miraDry procedure is cleared for use on adults over the age of 18. Due to the gentle and noninvasive nature of this procedure, it is safe for nearly anyone who is bothered by excess sweating.
The rave reviews are supported by scientific evidence
A permanent solution for underarm sweating seems too good to be true. One of the first questions our patients usually ask is if it really works. You will be pleased to learn that miraDry is not an over-hyped fad, but rather a genuine scientific breakthrough that absolutely lives up to its wonderful reputation.
miraDry has been clinically tested and proven effective for lasting sweat reduction. According to a long-term study, which was published in the medical journal Dermatologic Surgery in July of 2014:
- When patients were tested a full year after treatment, the treated area had an average of 82 percent fewer sweat glands
- At 24 months post-treatment, 100 percent of patients surveyed were no longer bothered by underarm sweating
- At 24 months post-treatment, 89 percent of patients surveyed were no longer bothered by underarm odor
Factors that determine the cost of miraDry
The immediate cost of the procedure may vary depending on your unique needs. During your consultation we will discuss the optimal treatment plan for your situation, including scheduling, costs, and payment options. Most patients see an improvement after a single treatment. However, depending on the severity of your hyperhidrosis, you may need more than one session to achieve your desired goals.
In the long-term, miraDry is a quite economical solution, because it does not require any maintenance or touch-up sessions. Even more impressive, you might not need to purchase antiperspirant – ever again!
Unique benefits of miraDry
These are a few of the reasons out patients love miraDry
- There is essentially no downtime following miraDry treatment. You can resume most of your usual activities immediately.
- The side effects are generally mild and very temporary, but you might experience swelling and soreness for the first couple of days.
- Patients generally do not need to take time off work, unless they have labor intensive jobs requiring a lot of arm movements that might be uncomfortable.
- The area is numbed with lidocaine injections, so you shouldn’t feel a thing during treatment.
- You should experience an immediate and dramatic reduction in perspiration and odor
- The first, and to date the only, FDA cleared noninvasive procedure for permanent sweat reduction
Back to Excessive Sweating Page